The IPP team is excited to announce that IPP v2.4 is now live and available for IPP partners. Take advantage of the new and enhanced capabilities: access to more data, new configuration options for application Sign Up and Sign In (including more control over application invitation messaging), and additional click-stream analytics.
Read all about it below. (Additionally, we’re offering a webinar on January 14th that will cover the IPP v2.4 features in depth. Note: You must be registered IPP Developer to attend this webinar.)
IPP v2.4 CONTENTS
IPP v2.4 is part of a series of platform updates focused on:
- Extending the IPP Intuit Data Services (IDS) model for IPP federated and native platform developers, including Read (and in some cases Create and Update) access to Accounts Payable, and General Ledger objects as well as several new Account Receivable and List items
- Streamlining the application Sign-up / Sign-in (S·U·S·I) experience
- Improving click stream analytics to help partners run their business, and
- AppCenter enhancements to improve the application shop and learn experience
We’ve also addressed a variety of platform and IDS issues / defects in v2.4.
1. INTUIT DATA SERVICES (IDS) ENHANCEMENTS
We’ve made a significant number of enhancements and improvements to Intuit Data Services.
Important: IPP v2.4 introduces a new IDS API version, v2. Developers need to use this new IDS API version to utilize the new objects / behaviors listed below. Previous IDS versions (e.g. v1) are supported but will not include new objects/behaviors; developers are strongly urged to migrate to the latest API version (v2) at their earliest convenience. IPP will continue to support IDS v1 until December 1, 2010.
The following capabilities have been exposed via REST API as well as added to the IPP Flex framework:
New IDS Objects
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- Read and Create access to Item Receipts
- Read access to Purchase Orders, Bills, Bill Payment Checks, Bill Payment Credit Card, Sales Tax Payment Checks and Vendor Credits and Checks
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
- Read access to Credit Memos and Statement Charges
- Read access to Sales Receipts
- GENERAL LEDGER
- Read and Create access to General Journal entries
- Read, Create and Update access to Jobs
- Customer/Job hierarchy properly represented
- Read access to Payment methods, Sales tax codes, ship methods, Inventory items, inventory assemblies, classes and units of measure
- Item Query now returns any of several types of QuickBooks items
- Read access to Checks, Sales Receipts, Purchase Orders, Journal Entries, and Company Classes
Enhanced IDS Objects
- Accounts, Inventory items, Inventory assemblies, service items and non-inventory items can now be Created
- Customers, Employees and Vendors can be filtered by name and company name
- Most transactions now support “To be Printed” and “To Be Emailed” attributes
Read more about these enhancements in the release notes.
Get more detailed information about all the IDS capabilities in the IDS Programmer’s Guide.
Register for the webinar we’re offering on January 14th that will cover the IPP v2.4 features in depth.
2. STREAMLINED INTUIT WORKPLACE APP CENTER SIGN-IN/SIGN-UP (S·U·S·I) EXPERIENCE
Several improvements and additional developer configuration options have been added to the Sign-up / Sign-in experience for Intuit Workplace App Center.
Note: All changes are upwardly compatible. New developer-facing enhancements are optionally configurable.
The end-user changes to make the SUSI process clearer and easier will be immediately available for new users signing up for Intuit Workplace App Center applications.
- Custom Welcome and Application Invitation emails: partners can create their own email templates.
- Guided sign-up process with improved sign-in interface and client-side field validation throughout process
- Improved business profile interface that (a) prevents users from subscribing to an app more than once per business and (b) allows customer to launch existing subscriptions as well as add new ones.
Get more information about these and other new IPP SUSI capabilities here.
3. CLICK-STREAM ANALYTICS IMPROVEMENTS
Several enhancements have been added to IPP’s click-stream tracking services based on Google Analytics. These include:
- Separate sign-in tracking to differentiate actions performed by new customers signing up for applications versus existing customers signing in to their apps.
- New click-stream tracking for customers who are upgrading their subscription from beta, opt-in trials, or subscription upgrade/downgrades.
Get more information on these and other new IPP Click-stream analytics capabilities here.
4. INTUIT WORKPLACE APP CENTER IMPROVEMENTS
A variety of small enhancements and modifications have been made to Intuit Workplace AppCenter to improve the overall shopping flow and experience.
5. SOFTWARE UPDATES / FIXES
For a complete list of software updates / fixes included in IPP v2.4, please review the release notes here.
—The Intuit Partner Platform Team
Leave a Reply