Last November Alex Chriss announced the new pricing structure for the QuickBooks Online (QBO) API and the next iteration of the Intuit Partner Platform (IPP). He also introduced me (Avi Golan) as the new leader of IPP. I am working hard to learn about the benefits, challenges and goals of IPP developers so I can lead IPP to a period of exciting innovation for developers across the world.
Today I am pleased to announce the final details on the reduced pricing model of the QuickBooks Desktop (QBD) API.
Note: If you are a new developer who would like to integrate with QBD, you should use the QBD SDK. The pricing model below does not apply to QBD SDK developers.
The following is effective March 1, 2014,
- Connections to the QBD API will be sold in packages of 200 connections for $1,000 annually.
- A developer can purchase multiple packages of 200. For example, if your app connects to 700 company files you will purchase 4 packages of 200 connections for $4,000 annually.
- If you reach the upper limit of your number of connections, you can buy an additional package prorated to the end of the billing year.
- There is one bill date for all developers. That date is March 1. Every year invoices will be sent out after March 1 for the new billing year.
- There are no rollovers. Any unused connections are forfeited at the end of the year.
- There are no credits or refunds to connections or fees.
For more details take a look at this page, which covers more details on the pricing changes to the QBD API.
Actions to complete right now:
- Login and accept the new Terms of Service.
The $5/month per connection fee that has been around for a couple years is, as of this posting , still in effect and will continue through February, 2014. You will continue to receive invoices for these fees until your account is settled.
QuickBooks Online API pricing – As already announced on a post from Nov 11, 2013, as of Nov 1, 2013 the use of this API is free and you will no longer be charged for the use of this API. You may have received an invoice in the month of November or December for the October billing period.
If you have questions you can submit a support ticket here.
I am happy to bring you this reduced pricing and assure you that there are more exciting things coming soon from IPP.
General Manager and Vice President Intuit Partner Platform
Leave a Reply