Fresh on the success of our own hackathon at QuickBooks Connect, we are excited to head to Las Vegas this weekend as a sponsor of the 1st Money 20/20 Hackathon. Developers have the chance to win one one of ten cash prizes – five $20k prizes and five $5k prizes – for a total of $125,000 in prize money.
Each sponsor of the hackathon has defined a challenge for participants. Our challenge to developers is to build an application on top of the QuickBooks platform that improves the lives of small business owners. The application can use one or more Intuit APIs but must use the QuickBooks Online Payments API.
Developers who choose to compete in the Intuit-sponsored challenge also have the opportunity to win a chance to be a “Developer-in-Residence” for a week at Intuit. This prize includes
- Hosting of the developer for a week on the Intuit campus at Mountain View headquarters
- Participation in an Intuit Incubation Week (occurs monthly)
- Lunch with select Intuit senior leaders
- Featured in an Innovation Gallery Walk
- Work with the Intuit Developer Group to publish your winning application and develop a go-to-market plan
- Travel and accommodation are included
The overall best-in-show winner from the hackathon will also get the chance to present during the Launchpad360 event on November 5th during the main Money 20/20 conference.
For developers attending the event, we will have a large contingent there to support you, including our infamous unicorns. Follow along with the fun at @IntuitDev.
Leave a Reply