In this post Product Manager Tony Chang shares what’s new for developers with the recent release of QuickBooks Online V84.
In Quickbooks Online V84, we’ve got more accounting API enhancements and fixes for you based on your feedback.
Purchase Order Custom Fields
We’ve exposed purchase order custom fields through the API enabling you to create, read, update, and delete the custom fields that show up on Purchase Order forms.
Email and PDF support for Estimates
In our previous releases, we provided the ability to download PDF files for Sales Receipts and Invoices, as well as send those transactions as an email via API. You can now do the same for Estimates.
Invalid XML Characters
We will now be filtering invalid XML characters from our API responses. We expect this to solve XML parsing issues that the client side was seeing.
- Various issues have been resolved with Deposit entity.
- Incorrect column types on detail reports have been fixed (available as a minor version).
- Date formats in reports will be standardized rather than localized to the user’s company (currently available as minor version, will be generally available in the April v85 release).
For the next release, we’re working on:
- Allowing creation and update of the Employee entity when QBOP (Payroll) is activated and addressing data sync issues.
- Time Activity query filter bug fix.
For a complete list of updates, see our release notes.
If you’re interested in Payroll APIs/Time Tracking, we’d love to hear from you! Please come chat in our developer forums.