As you have heard, we are deprecating the QuickBooks Desktop REST API on March 1, 2016. We hope you have been actively planning how to transition your app and migrate your customers. If you haven’t yet, now is the time to make a plan and begin migrating your customers prior to the API end of life.
What’s happened so far?
- November 2013: We announced we would no longer be onboarding new developers to the QuickBooks Desktop REST API.
- September 2014: We announced an 18-month timeline to discontinue the Sync Manager and the QuickBooks Desktop REST API.
- September 2015: We removed the marketing page on apps.com for apps that use the QuickBooks Desktop REST APIs and removed in-product discovery of these apps.
- November 2015: We will begin contacting shared customers letting them know that Sync Manager is being discontinued and apps they use may be impacted.
- March 1, 2016: The QuickBooks REST APIs and Sync Manager will no longer be accessible by your application.
What do you need to do now? You have three choices:
- Move to a QuickBooks Online integration:
- If you have not already done so, build an integration with QuickBooks Online and publish it on apps.com.
- Disconnect your existing customers from your QuickBooks Desktop app and migrate them to QuickBooks Online and your new app.
- Your customers can call the QuickBooks migration hotline at 1-800-488-7330 to discuss their migration options with an expert or get more information on how to migrate online. Once migrated to QuickBooks Online, they can reconnect your app with their data.
- Move to a QBXML SDK QuickBooks Desktop integration:
- Build a desktop integration using:
- Disconnect your existing customers from your old app and migrate them to the new app.
- We recommend that you list which QuickBooks Desktop products – including version/year and release – that you support. Specifying your compatibility with QuickBooks Desktop products will help ensure that customers are picking the right apps for their version of QuickBooks.
- Discontinue your integration with QuickBooks Desktop:
- It is okay to discontinue your integration with QuickBooks Desktop. However, please let your customers know that your app will no longer sync with QuickBooks beginning March 1, 2016.
- Disconnect your customers from your app.
If you have an app that uses the QuickBooks Desktop REST APIs and we havent yet connected on your plans, please let us know what you plan to do ASAP. We are tracking all of the apps and want to make sure you and your customers receive the help and support you need during this transition.
Need help or have questions? Please share on our developer forums.