Before May 25th, 2018, please log in to http://developer.intuit.com to view and accept the updated Terms of Service.
The European Union’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is upon us and I want to make sure you, our Intuit Developers, have all the relevant information about the changes.
What is GDPR?
- GDPR is a new privacy law that regulates the processing of personal data relating to individuals in the European Union.
- It strengthens the rights that individuals have regarding their personal data, and seeks to unify data protection laws across Europe.
- Refer to our GDPR websites for customers in the United Kingdom, France and the rest of Europe.
What is changing for Intuit Developers?
We’ve updated the Intuit Developer Terms of Service. Pertinent changes include:
- Clarification of responsibilities between you and Intuit in the areas of security, processing, and use of end-user data, audit rights, privacy, and liability under GDPR.
- Clarification of branding usage and miscellaneous service updates unrelated to GDPR
What do developers need to do to be GDPR-compliant?
- Before May 25th, 2018, please log on to http://developer.intuit.com to view and accept the updated Terms of Service. This is required for all users regardless of their geographic region.
Your GDPR compliance obligation will depend on many factors, including whether you are a controller or a processor. This is an evaluation that you will need to do based upon your unique circumstances. You should consult with your own legal counsel to help guide you on any GDPR requirements applicable to you.