Developers, do you know about DeveloperWeek? If not, it’s the world’s largest developer expo and conference series, and includes the Bay Area DeveloperWeek 2020 event coming to the Oakland Convention Center, Feb. 12-16, 2020. This multi-track, co-located conference with 200+ speakers attracts thousands of developers from all over the world, all of whom will discover the latest in developer technologies, languages, platforms and tools.
You’ll have the chance to team up with your fellow developers and compete against over 1,000 others in the nation’s largest challenge driven-hackathon. We’ve heard testimonials from many developers who said that this hackathon helped them develop friendships that led to future collaboration.
The conference sports the largest Dev Tech Expo in the United States with more than 100 booths. Intuit will be exhibiting. so please stop by and visit us at Booth #101. We’ll be focusing on our Open Source projects, sharing details about our platform for third-party developers, and looking to meet rock stars to join our technology teams.
We’ll also be speaking as well as hosting a workshop and two earned tracks at the conference.
- Earned Track (175), 2/12, 1-1:50 pm – WORKSHOP: It Takes a Village: Raising a Teenaged Application. Speaker: Josh Harrison, Senior Software Engineer.
- Hiring Mixer (80), 2/12, 6:30-6:45 pm – TALK: Powering Prosperity for All. Speakers: Katy Kahla, Development Manager and Clarence Huang, Principal Software Engineer.
- Workshop (100), 2/13, 10-10:30 am – WORKSHOP: A Dream Duo: How to use Storybook and open source project Auto to ship design systems. Attendees will learn how open source led to the discovery of their tools from Chroma founder Dominic Nguyen and Auto creators Adam Dierkens and Andrew Lisowski. There will also be a special opportunity to create or edit a React component, providing attendees with a first-hand opportunity to see how Storybook and Auto work together and separately. Speakers: Rocio Montes, Intuit Open Source and Inner Source Leader (Moderator), Dominic Nguyen (Chroma), Adam Dierkens (Auto), Andrew Lisowsk (Auto).
- Keynote (400), 2/13, 3:30-4 pm: Intuit—The Code Dreams Are Made Of: Ideals, Innovation, Inclusion. Get a rare up-close look at how innovation works as a sustainable practice within the fabric of Intuit’s culture. Alex will share how Intuit and our developer partners are powering prosperity for more than 50 million consumers around the world. Speaker: Alex Balazs, Intuit SVP Chief Architect.
- Earned Track (175), 2/14, 10-10:25 am – TALK: Deconstructing Blockchain. Speaker: Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer and Director of Innovation.
The conference packs in a month’s worth of training, learning, and networking into one week, and as noted on their About Us page, it puts the “spotlight on technology,” covering the gamut of developer technology, from blockchain and AI to big data and quantum computing.
The DeveloperWeek Hiring Expo
The DeveloperWeek Hiring Expo is San Francisco’s largest tech hiring expo with 1000+ hireable designers, developers, data scientists, and engineers from dozens of companies.
It’s scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 12, 6 pm-8:30 pm. You can network with sponsors and interview onsite, which includes chatting with reps from Intuit.
Intuit was voted Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, Fast Company’s 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, Employees Choice, and Fortune’s Best Places in Technology. A career at Intuit empowers you to help power prosperity around the globe. We’re focused on fostering a diverse and inclusive environment as well as a sense of belonging that spreads prosperity equally, allowing employees to do their best.
You can check out our Best Places to Work blogs for more information about working at Intuit.
And, if you would like to learn a little bit more about Intuit Developer, visit the Intuit Developer Blog and read up on such topics as building an inclusive experience and demystifying artificial intelligence and machine learning.