-07/31/2017 – Added YouTube Video to bottom of post
Today we are happy to announce the general availability of OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect for *new* developers on the QuickBooks Online platform. As a new developer on the platform you will be able to implement OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect for authorization and authentication.
What does this mean for existing developers who have already built an app?
Hold tight, we are actively working on providing you with a path to migrate your tokens from OAuth 1.0a/OpenID 2.0 to OAuth 2.0/OpenID Connect as well as create new apps with OAuth 2.0/OpenID Connect. We will notify the community once it’s ready.
The current release targets new developers and existing developers who have never created an app.
To get started, read the complete developer guide here.
We have updated our SDKs to add support for OAuth 2.0/OpenID Connect. They can be found here:
- Java – https://github.com/intuit/QuickBooks-V3-Java-SDK
- .NET – https://github.com/intuit/QuickBooks-V3-DotNET-SDK
- PHP – https://github.com/intuit/QuickBooks-V3-PHP-SDK
- Using the SDK – https://github.com/IntuitDeveloper/OAuth2-JavaWithSDK
- Standalone (without the SDK) – https://github.com/IntuitDeveloper/OAuth2-Java
- Using the SDK – https://github.com/IntuitDeveloper/OAuth2-Dotnet_UsingSDK
- Standalone (without the SDK) – https://github.com/IntuitDeveloper/OAuth2-Dotnet-WithoutSDK
- MVC5 using Owin – https://github.com/IntuitDeveloper/Oauth2-MVC5-DotnetSampleApp
- PHP – https://github.com/IntuitDeveloper/OAuth2_PHP
- Python – https://github.com/IntuitDeveloper/OAuth2PythonSampleApp
- Nodejs – https://github.com/IntuitDeveloper/oauth2-nodejs
- Go – https://github.com/IntuitDeveloper/OAuth2-Go
OAuth 2.0/OpenID Connect Playground
We have completely revamped the OAuth playground for this release. A complete guide for using the playground can be found here.
Have questions or feedback? Please feel free to comment below or in our developer forums.
Leave a Reply